Wednesday 30 September 2009

Plenty of reasons to love Germany, Part 1


This is the first post in my upcoming blog-series "Plenty of reasons to love Germany" - where I'll write about.. yes.. Plenty of reasons to love Germany? I'll have 3 things per blog. Or four.. or five.. or no specific numbers, just what I feel for. Here's the first 3 anyway!

1) Parkplätze nur für Frauen.

Translated, parkinglots just for women. I never saw that anywhere else, never. But Germany has that. When I asked my German boyfriend "why on earth women gets their own parkinglots", he answered that "women get raped, and they park badly". So that's the reason that the parkinglots are close to entances, and that they are bigger.

I look away from the fact that it's a tiny bit discriminating to make it bigger cause women obviously park worse, and I enjoy this. The day I get my drivers-licence (hoho, optimist-Trolldis) I'll really enjoy it!


2) Bier, the taste and the price.

Now, when you buy beer in Norway you pay 2,50€ for a half a liter (at least), when you go to Germany you pay 0,15€ for the cheapest beer, 0,50€ for the average beer, and 0,70€ for expensive beer. I can promise you that a beer-liker goes beer-bananas in Deutschland! Just thinking about Mönchshof gets my mouth all drooly. God what a quality-beer! When you're in Germany, test this beer, if not you'll regret it, and when you die you never experienced great happiness.


3) Süßigkeiten

Rafaello, Milka, Campino, Haribo! God, I love Gummibärchen, here for the Germans who doesn't understand English: ICH LIEBE GUMMIBÄRCHEN! Best thing is: you don't have to sell your soul to afford some candy (like in Norway). And gosh, did you ever taste Rafaellos? Like sent from heaven.

Now, I'm not 100% sure what's German products and what not (lookin' away from Haribo, Haribo ist echt DEUTSCH!), but I mention them here cause you find them in Germany, cheap, everywhere. They taste delicious, and that's all I need.

2 comments:

Free Blog Counter