Wednesday 29 July 2009

Friggin' Wagner Festspiele!

To get a ticket to Wagner Festspiele* you'll either have to be a very known German, type... Schnappi, Angela Merkel or Heidi Klum.. or Dieter Bohlen. For normal mortals (like me, unfortunatly I am no crocodile) it is a biiiit tricky to get a ticket. You send them a letter three/four/ten/fifty years in a row, and maybe one day you get the happy message that you are lucky enough to get a ticket.

Now, a bird came flying and gave me the offer to get a ticket. Like, now. For this year. The ninth of august. Tristan & Isolde.Trolldis sings, Trolldis dances, Trolldis jumps up and down of happiness. What an oportunity, what an offer! WHO wouldn't say yes, right?

I couldn't say yes, given the fact that a ticket for that really, really, REALLY ain't cheap, especially when you have a work with the lowest time payment that one can imagine.But ok, I'm desperate. I set my soul for sale. Who worse could buy it than the devil, right?

1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours... 7 hours later, I get an offer for my soul that is high enough to pay the price of such a ticket (it's a friggin good ticket, I'd sit among all the celeberties, I could hit Schnappi in the face, goddamnit!). I contact the messengerbird of the bird that offered me the ticket.Unfortunatly the ticketbird no longer has this ticket that I'd drooled over for 8 hours.

Bottom line: I'm not goin', no Wagner for me this year. Guess I have to try like all normal mortals, spam them with letters in the hope of seing some of it before I die. Hm, or I could become a German celeberty by that time? It's probably more likely to get a ticket that way! But there's never space for two of everything. There is just one Dieter Bohlen, there is just one Angela Merkel, there is just one Stefan Raab, there is just one Heidi Klum! ... but darnit, Heidi Klum is getting old! In 10 years or so she will have wrinkles, and that's when my fresh, wrinkleless face comes with my highly charming smile getting me a free ticket to Wagner Festspiele. Good plan! See ya in 10 years, fellow Wagner-fans.


*for those of you who doesn't know what Wagner Festspiele is: SHAME ON YOU! I bet you don't enjoy good, dramatical, intense, classical music? Figured :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter