Monday 20 July 2009

"I don't eat people anymore. Now I eat spinach"

This is Sumato, Sumato is 37 years old, and he comes from Indonesia. Before he started his career as a criminal, he was a farmer. His fathers name is Nuryadikarta, he is 65 years old, and today Nuryadikarta have no contact with Sumato. Why not?

Five years ago Sumato decided that eating cows, pigs, chicken, wasn't filling his needs when it came to food. He needed something more exiting on the menu, at the same time he did not want to pay too much for that. So what did he do?  He took a trip to the cemetery to see what they had there. And after abit digging in the graves he found what he looked for. A delicate, dead woman. He ate her, and got thrown in jail for that. Now, five years later. He's back, and he's searching for forgiveness.

Some quotes from the newspaper-article:
"His next-door neighbour, 43-year-old Ngadiah, said she would never forget the stench of death and the sight of a bowl of whitish-yellow human flesh drenched in soy sauce."
Am I the only one getting sick of this? I so don't wanna eat my tasty muffins anymore. Urh.
"I'm sad. People said so many bad things about me. I will strive to get the villagers to open their hearts and accept me again."

What did you expect? That people would love you after eating someones mother, someones grandmother? Someones daughter? Someones lover? Someones wife? Well, mr Sumanto. Think again.


"What is love? How can I describe it when I've never experienced it, never tasted it?"

And from the man who knows no love:
"I love meat... all types of meat as long as it's cooked. But I don't eat people anymore. Now I eat spinach," he added.
Fail.


Some questions:

Would you look at this guy normally after this? Would you let him in your house? Would you treat him with respect?

Does everyone deserve forgiveness? Or is there a limit to who can be forgiven?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter