Monday 3 May 2010

Dignity aside: ESC

This program is indeed, embarrassing, it is indeed silly, and the music is indeed utterly crap. However, it does entertain, and I do usually watch it (and as the very trve metal-head I am, I of course always cleanse my head with Mayhem and Gorgoroth afterwords, believe it if you want), and have my favourites, and very, very, very many of whatever you call the opposite of favourites.

Most people usually want their country to win, but seriously, Norway, with this singer? Forget it. There are many things that screams against sending this dude to the final, let me sum it up for you.

1) He`s called Didrik. I mean.. come on.
2) The song is called My Heart is Yours. Yet again, come on.
3) Look at the guy!
4) DIDRIK!? I just had to mention the name twice.

The biggest reason, of course, to take the big warning is his song, such crap will never win. And one more thing, how many songs did he copy in there? I totally heard the start before, in some other song. Pf.

Moving on!

Luckily some countries actually knows what good music sounds like, and the country who really made it best this time, in my ears, is Germany. (No, not just cause I`m a huge Germany-freak, I promise) The girl is totally adorable, happy, and awesome on stage, and the song is catchy, catchy, catchy. I remember walking in München some days after she won USFO (German casting show that found the singer to preform in Oslo), and I bet I heard 20 different people hum on the melody, it sticks to your brain like the image of your hot boyfriend/girlfriend/pick-your-favourite naked, and it`s catchy! She`ll get my vote for sure! This is is it, so enjoy :)



Now, that`s enough ESC for today.  Maybe I`ll come back later, though I doubt that, cause Germany is the only song I really like. Heh, heh.

Well, tudelu then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter