Thursday 13 May 2010

Loved, forgotten and rediscovered #1


Leverage! A Finnish band I found trough the singer, that also sings in Brother Firetribe. I found Brother Firetribe through the guitarist, that also plays in Nightwish. I was a person who adored Finland and Finnish music, and I went through lots of trouble to not miss anything good! In 06 I listened to this band very much, I pre-ordered their CD from Finland, and from the day I got it and out the year my heart kinda belonged to this band. Then, for some reason, I almost forgot everything about them, until the day before yesterday. And the love is back. I can`t believe I forgot about these!

Now, since I only know their first album, Tides, it`s hard for me to talk about their two other albums. I can tell you though that what I heard from the other ones are great too. Tides, however, is world-class!. And the cover-art is superb as well, no?



So I`m gonna give you some songs to listen to, just know that it`s not easy for me to not give every single song, cause it`s truly a superb album. Their genre is (according to last.fm, I suck with genres) heavy metal/hard rock/melodic metal, and I guess it`s defining it good.

Oh, and by the way, for those of you who have Spotify, here`s the link to the album! For the others, I`ll give you some lovely lil` youtube-links ;)

Aand first off, my favourite (probably, this is of course very rude to all the other good songs, since they kinda all deserves to be called that. Anyway, to the song now!). Stranger, it`s a slow and beautiful and powerful song. I like the lyrics, and I love the guitar-solo. Enjoy!




Superstition. Catchy, catchy, catchy.








Dreamworld, almost the definition of catchy. WOW!





Follow Down that River, and I am afraid, my friends, that catchy won`t do anymore. It's too weak. And I mean the term "catchy", not the song. This was meant to you with a bit less than average between your ears. Now enjoy.



Maybe this will do? Not that I'm tired of this or anything, I could recommend music the whole day, but either you like the band by now, or you hate it. If you like it a small visit to youtube will do its trick, if you hate it (which you should not), I am releasing you from your pain. Oh yes, I'm a giver.

Now, hope some of you at least liked it! :) Cause the band ain't getting as much attention as they should, really. So support, support!



BTW: When I was done I really realized that I should have shown Twilight Symphony as well, it rawks. Search it up on youtube if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter