Tuesday 11 May 2010

Top five live

So, figured I`d tell you all which bands you should almost kill to get to see, cause they are so incredibly awesome live that you go around in dreamlands for weeks (months? years) after the concert. When possible I`ll also add a little video next to, so, here it goes, five bands you should kill to see live. This will go in the rock/metal genre for now, so if you only listen to Lady Gaga and Jay Z you will not find much of interest here!

1) Primordial

I saw these 3 times, and every time it was like I died and went to heaven, it`s so damn intense you almost drop your jaw. The clip I show is probably my favourite song (hard to choose, thus the "probably") from my all time favourite concert. When Primordial played at the Hove festival here in Norway in 08. Enjoy Gallows Hymn!



2) Dornenreich

The difference between this band and Primordial, is that I adored Primordial with all my heart before the concerts. This band played together with another damn good band (Fjoergyn) and I was there indeed mostly for Fjoergyns sake, however, the second Dornenreich got on stage I got dragged in to another world, and didn`t come out again before weeks after, it was so intense, and so goddamn good! What made it even better was that the concert was very intimate, if I`d want to I could bend foward and touch every single member of the band. Not that I would want to, but.. Shows how intimate it was, and it just made the experience better. Oh, how I wish that there would be decent live-clips on youtube, so I could show everyone how great they are live, but unfortunately there is not. Check out the DVD, though, if you get the opportunity ;) Here you go tho, a half-crappy clip of Jagd!




3) Volbeat

Yet another band that I barely knew when attending the concert, but they did their thing, and damn did they do it good! They had me from the first tone, til the last, and then even a bit longer. They rock your damn pants off! Here, Sad Man`s Tongue live at Wacken 09 :)



4) Audrey Horne

This Norwegian hard rock/post-grunge band, probably unknown for many, really, really rocks live. Saw them four times, and I was never disappointed. So, really, if you get the chance to see them do me a small favour (and it`s really mostly for yourself, kinda, go, go!). Unfortunately I`ll have to give you a kinda crappy video, but it`s better than nuthin. Sweet Taste of Revenge, ladies and gentlemen!



5) Fjoergyn

I love this band very much, and there is nothing bad to say about their live-shows. Also among the greatest shows I attended is their concert at Ragnarök 6, the one in 09. They were actually totally awesome both times I saw them. Gotta love 'em! This is not their best song, in my ears, but it`s pretty damn good anyway. Ich sah den Himmel weinen, enjoy! :)




Now, I really hope this blog-post made sense, and that you`ll drag your lil` butt to a concert if any of these bands plays anywhere near you. Cause you won`t regret it, not even a second. Unless you are a person who of course hates this kind of music, in that case I do not even understand why you kept reading :D And please note, that a small video cannot even compare to how good the bands really are live. Keep that in mind ;)

So.. tudelu ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter