Wednesday 25 November 2009

So, back in Norway!

I'll sum it up shortly. How was Germany? Great, like always. I feel even more connected to the country than I was before, and that's not saying nuthin'. The "home"-feeling is stronger in Germany than here in Norway, why can't it be easier to just go there, get a decent job, and everyone is happy (well, maybe not eeveryone, but I'd be damn happy!). Sigh, bla. Boh, breh. Hmz.

The weather was lovely all the time, some places in Germany had up to 21 degrees during the two weeks I was there. Where I was it was mostly around 13 degrees I think! So very mild. If I would get a memoryloss or if I'd become dement, and come back into those temperatures I would never guess it was friggin November! But I like it, snow and cold doesn't have to come before in December if you ask me!

Otherwise I used the two weeks to chill, windowshop and drool all over the christmasdecorations that they were putting up. Of course I spent alot of qualitytime with my love, which is the main reason why I'm in Germany at the first place!. I was also being very tourist some days. It's fun! Here's a HDR I made of a crematory there. (I'm not morbid or anything, it just looks lovely)



That's a small image of my tourism-days there. Not much more to say about the stay, just that I can't wait to go back! Today it is 20 days til that, so not long, not long :) And then I altso get to experience WEIHNACHTSMARKT!! God, can't wait. I saw before I left all the lovely decorations they put up, and it frustrated me from day one that I'd leave the day weihnachtsmarkt opened :( At least I'll see it in December. Three times hurray? ... one ought to do it. Hurray!

How was the trip home? What do ye think, waking up half past five travelling the whooole day. First having to take trains from Leipzig to Berlin, change two times, then checking in, flying to Norway, waiting for hours, flying home, waiting for bus, two hour bus, one hour waiting, half an hour car, and finally I can breathe out. Went ok, though. All I needed was a phone with Facebook and Sudoku. AND the most beautiful Northern Light on the bustravel home. Holy potatoes how beautiful, I was totally stunned. It was covering the sky, dancing, creating beautiful patterns. At one point it looked like five fingers stretching out, I was totally blown away. I think I can see the northern light a million times, and every single time I see it, I will find it beautiful. I will never get sick of it. Never. Like in never ever. You believe me? Good.

On the first flight I sat with a guy that was probably 60 years plus, but acted like 6 years minus. A re-he-heally annoying dude. As his wife (poor you) said to him that she wanted a sandwich menu, he responded with (and when you read this, imagine a six-year-old said it, that's how it was) "But I don't want a sandwich menu!!". When the cabincrew came closer and closer, he started to get veeery unpatient, so when they were 3-4 rows in front of us, he started waving with his money trying to get contact. I never thought I'd passively say this to a dude over 60 on my blog, but please grow up?

Afterwords going to the bus to get abit closer to home than the airport was, and I cannot even express how much I dig bus-drivers from Northern-Norway. Let me give you two conversations. One with a western-Norwegian bus driver (WNB) and me, and one with a north Norwegian(NNB) bus driver and me. Note that it's nothing special with these convos, I just wanna show you the difference...

ME: I'm going to Vassenden
WNB: 30 NOK

ME: I'm going to Sortland
NNB: Oh, that's just fine, cause I'm goin there too!
ME: *laughs*
ME: So do I pay now, or do you come around with the machine later?
NNB: Hm.. we can just as well take it now, get it overwith!
ME: Sure!
NNB: Ok, you're paying with card I see.. then you stick it in here. Top up, chip down.
ME: Like this?
NNB: Yep, you've got it there!
ME: Ok, that's it. Thanks!
NNB: Miss? Don't you want your ticket?

Sooo, in which bus would you rather drive? Maybe you don't get the point that well, but I can tell you.. I find it soso cosy when the busdriver is all talkative and happy. Opposed to taking their money and goodbye. (I'm not claiming that all busdrivers from western Norway is like that, but...in general).

I actually intended to make this blog-post short, but guess I got carried away or sth. Ironic that I start the convo with "I'll sum it up shortly". HAPPENS, now congrats to everyone who came all the way to these last words :)

1 comment:

  1. Dude.. Eg blir så reiselysten når eg lese blogginnlegga dine. Eg kunne jaggu tenke meg å reise igjen. Du er heldig som får oppleve weinacthsmarkt. Blir nok fint heime og i jula, men eg har skikkelig lyst til å feire jul i Tyskland:p

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter