Saturday 5 December 2009

Sleeping beauty

I go so far as to call myself sleeping tonight "sleeping beauty", of course it doesn't match, not even a bit. Snoring and drooling, face looking like I'm a pig, a cow, or what do I know. Clearly as far away as a "beauty" that is possible. HOWEVER, compared to how I looked when I woke up, I must have looked great asleep. Or maybe not even, somewhere the looks of what met me from the mirror in the morning must have.. gotten there somehow, I guess gradually throughout the night. NEVERTHELESS, sleeping beauty it is now.

When I woke up I felt my eye didn't want to open, I had to use all the power you could imagine just to get it up, and as I did, it was just.. a tiny, tiny opening where I could see through, and clearly? No. To watch clearly I have to use my fingers to force my eye open.

I didn't use the mirror before I walked out to meet the rest of the family though, and the look on their faces told me what I suspected. I do really look like a monster. Their eyes, big and surprised, and their silence when they stared at me.. I could just as well have had three eyes (which in fact, I would prefer). "Just spill it, I look like crap, don't I?". They didn't wanna say it - vocally - but they didn't have to.

"I guess you don't wanna come with us shopping, then", mum asked - more stated. I guess she was right. My cute lil' brother suggested that I could use sunglasses. But monster or not - I'm not gonna sink that low. Sunglasses in December? Please.

And this, 10 minutes of.. endless staring and endless silence, I decided that I should probably take a look in the mirror. Maybe it wasn't that bad - I could always hope. I knew that the struggle I went through to keep my eyes open wasn't for nothing. So I approach the mirror, and, sure enough. No friggin way I'm showing my face outside the house today, I might have been the reason for crashes, serious traffic accidents. Kids screaming, losing their sleep for a month from today - after all this was a walking evidence that trolls does exist. Falls, breaking feet, hands, getting bruises on asses. I simply wouldn't be good for the environment - not today.

I'll give you an idea, watch at your own risk.


I would like it if for once, the picture could show how big the damage really is, but it's mildened. Guess that's whats best for my readers aswell. Just so you know - my other eye aint perfect either, but I'm not complaining. At least it works.

A kinda fun fact is that this is the first picture of myself that I ever publish on my blog. I am not photogenic, but I can tell you that this aint my best shot. If it wouldn't be a strong insult to every korean out there, I'd say that my fucked up eye looks kinda korean - but, since I find koreans very pretty, I wouldn't wanna insult them like that. It's totally undeserved!

A small thing that annoys me though. Why do I always get these sick facial-changes always abit before I go to Germany?! When I go to Germany I'm supposed to look like a princess for my price - but no. Last time I got a strong allergic reaction about a week before I went to Germany. I still had rashes all over my face when I arrived, how lovely, And now, my eye doesn't really look like an eye anymore, if an eye, then an eye that went though a dreadful fight to a famous boxer, an eye that got filled with poisonous liquids when I was asleep, an eye that survived an attempt of getting torn out of the eyehole. Not the eye of a princess. Let's all pray that I do look like a person again within ten days. The rash that I also got now (probably due to an allergic reaction again) can also say tudelu and dissappear from my life - and if I get really lucky - take the pimples to join the travel.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens to my eye. I hope I didn't give any of you sleepless nights because of the picture - I promise I won't come chase you or eat you or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter