Wednesday 2 December 2009

There's this christmassong I really love

And of course I don't know the name, the artist, not even the lyrics. What do you do then?

I google "christmas songs" and hope for luck. As you can guess - the luck wasn't really there. How on earth do I find a song knowing just one thing, and that is that it's got a catchy refrain?

I try the same on youtube. I search "christmas songs" simply. I can't really claim that luck was with me there either. Oh luck, where art thou?

I ask in the house.. my mum, her dude, I don't see the point in asking my siblings, so why bother, eh? Of course you can already understand that I don't come far with "there's this really cool christmassong I'm looking for, it's... got a kinda catchy refrain". It could just as well be good ol' Rudolph then, I guess that song's catchy too. I go to google again, trying, trying, googling abit different words with the same essence. And eventually I realize that scooping through spotify playlists that some random Joe or Jane around in the world made, would maybe do the trick. And I try, I look, I look, I listen and listen.. did I find the song?

YES! God bless google! And.. spotify playlists for that matter, and.. the random person out there who put this song in their spotify playlists.. and the Pogues, and Fairytale of New York!

Followed by a big grin that looks like the one on my face when I found the song.. the song I adore.

Grin: :D

Song:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter