Thursday 14 January 2010

Hello world!

It's incredible how isolated you feel without internet. Now I've had three days without, and I guess the only reason I survived was through crappy internet on my phone, where I could chat abit on msn, and mostly just that. But it's not that easy to get around without internet. Firstly, when you're curious about weather, news and those thing, you can just remain curious, or make sure to reach the daily weather-and newsreports at a certain time on telly. Another thing is that when you wanna know bustimes, ferrytimes or things like it, you just.. can't. In my case I had to ask a friend to check it and then send me an sms with the times on. It worked, but iiisolateed!

A third thing is that internet clearly stands for a big percentage of my day. So when it was away it took some time for me to realize just that. Original plan: chatting with boyfriend. So I had to replace the plan with something else. After alot of thinking I thought I could catch up with some German series.. online. Plan in garbage. But I could always read abit about... ah, na, online, plan cancelled. When I finally found something to do, watch some series that was on my harddisc, I got kinda happy and plant my butt gooood in the sofa, and prepare to start season 1 of How I Met Your Mother. But no, something screwed up with the codec in media player, so I can't watch it, actually, I can't watch one single episode of one single series on my harddisc. And for watching that, I need another player. So yes, plan cancelled - and of course I couldn't go through with it before internet was back. But I got through it somehow, and I can happily announce that I'm still alive.

So now, I feel a great pleasure to say hello to the world once more - it feels like it's been forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter