Sunday 31 January 2010

Pathetic people on online communities

Why can't people contact people without thinking...

a) sex
b) commercial
c) on themselves

On an online community why can't someone take contact simply cause they want to get to know you, cause they think you seem nice, or cause you share the same interests. Why can't people contact people to make new friends?

On Nettby, an online community in Norway I scoop through my mailbox. And one of twenty is a friendly person who's simply interested in who I am, and interested in making friends. One of twenty! The most of the others is there for sex and pervyness obviously. Every single mail is sent by a backthought.

Today this guy who could seem cosy contacted me, as I read the first sentence that is. Then he starts talking about himself, what he does, and that I should check out his work. So pure commercial, and just commercial.

"Hi, nice music taste. Check out my pictures, I am a photographer, I would advice you to check out these and these first, they are my best ones. Byyeee".

However I must admit that I prefer commercial over pervydudes lookin' for some pantydancing. And there's also these that makes me laugh by sending a message to me, allthough it stands on my profile that I'm taken, and not interested in getting to know people for those reasons.
"Hi, are you interested in a serious relationship?".
Sure, lets jump right in it! These ones are clearly desperate (and even more clearly saying that just to get some good stuff). They ask me, out from one picture on my profile, if I want a serious relationship. Firstly.. For all they know I'm a rapist, or I eat babies. Or I like it when someone pee on me. I might have a killer grandma who calls me with threats every single night, and I might also have a penis. Hell, I might be lesbian. But na, sure, you wouldn't mind, right? Let's get in a serious relationship. Now.

.. oh, wait, I wrote a firstly, guess there should be a secondly aswell.. Secondly: How desperate are you?

Quote-wise this is a hit aswell:
"You are so beautiful, I like you very much"

Read comments about previous quote (babyeater, grandmakiller, those things). And desperation. And.. Yes, I'm stating the obvious. Next!


There's also this third type of people that contacts you. The type that just without any common interests, any common.. anything really, writes you a couple of mails asking how you are and what you're doing. And then adding you as a friend, and never ever ever ever speaking with you again. Of course they seem like popular dudes or dudettes when they have 200 "friends" plusplus on an online community that they don't even know a bit. Get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter