Friday 29 May 2009

Music Box: Fjoergyn


Fjoergyn is great pagan metal from Germany, that I advice people to check out, simply because the music is very intense and beautiful! The clean mixed with the brutal, the lovely melody lines mixed with the growling. It's simply stunning! They make me in a very special mood, and just listening to it as I drive through the beautiful landscapes that Norway has, really can make the trip as good as magical!

Fjoergyn released 2 albums so far. Ernte im Herbst from 2005 and Sade et Masoch from 2007. Ernte im Herbst has lyrical themes about the autumn and the nature, nature itself is a theme in the cd. Sade et Masoch is about people, misanthropy and humanship - so much about the nature of the human. Both cds are, in my ears, two masterpieces that shouldn't be let unheard, especially not by metalfans who apreciate epic, pagan metal.

Today I have listened to their song 'Sade' about 100 times (at least very many times). And I like it more and more everytime I hear it. It's not like I didn't know it before today, but today I really discovered the beauty in this song.

I would prefer to just have a small player here with the song, but since Fjoergyn cannot be found at pages that enables music-embedding I just show a youtube vid instead. Note: Nothing is happening in the vid, but 9 minutes to enjoy the look of Stephan and the other dude , why not? If not you can aalways read my other blogs while just enjoying this lovely music you're about to hear!



If you like this (which you should do if your taste rocks) I can advice you to check out their other songs too, maybe especially 'Katharsis', 'Das Leid des Einhorn' and 'Die Hierarchie der Engel'.. Actually, why not the whole Sade et Masoch album?

You should also check out 'Fjoergyn', 'Monolog der Natur', and.. you know what, check out the whole Ernte im Herbst album also! And when you checked out all their stuff you'll be warmed up and ready for the autumn and a new release!

For all who are already Fjoergyn-fans, you can look much forward to September when their new album Jahreszeiten comes out. I was at Ragnarök-Festival seeing them live in the end of April, and what they played from this forthcoming album is very promising! : D I know I am looking very much forward to the day it can be found in the stores. MAYBE I even manage to make more people looking forwards to this day with blogging about it! :D Optimistic? Maybe a bit!

Look also, how nice coverarts they have!







Actually, if I'd get my will these pictures would be all fancy next to the text I wrote about what's smart to check out or not, but since blogspot won't cooperate just there this will do. And yes, the apple is abit weird. But I love the other covers. Beautiful : )

I hope Fjoergyn turned out to be your taste, and that you can find as much pleasure in this music as I do!

http://www.fjoergyn.de

4 comments:

Free Blog Counter