Monday 8 June 2009

Guitarexams, 24 hours before

Yes. I am a music student, so I went three years to a music school mostly just preparing for the exams that are to come tomorrow. Am I nervous? Hell yes, just hearing the word exams fills me up with so much nervousness that I start shaking.

Figured I'd write one blog before, one after. Before I say what I think will happen, how will it go, where will I fuck up, what will go ok. Afterwords (= tomorrow) I'll say if it went that way, might be funny. (Note: If the guitarexams fucks so massively up that I got totally depressed after, I miiight not want to blog about it.)

So, here's the songs that I'm playing

1) A Map of the World (Pat Metheny)
2) Over the Rainbow (Eva Cassidys version)
3) Blue Bossa (some standard-thingie. dunno)
4) Filadelfia (Kåre and the Cavemen/Euroboys)
5) Bed of Razors (Children of Bodom)

Do I have control? Well. Blue Bossa will go fine, that's the only one I'm pretty sure of. I know A Map of the World damn well, and I can play it damn well, problem is that the minute someone watch I fuck it up massively and badly. I've somehow gotta prevent that, I still don't know how. But maybe it's my day. I'm not most nervous about that song : ) When it comes to Over the Rainbow it ain't hard, but I didn't get the time I actually needed to practise it with a singer, so I've still not got it together.. That makes me abit nervous, hope I get hellofalot time to reherse that today.

Filadelfia will go fine, I have a couple of riffs that aint the easiest to take, but we're two guitarplayers on that one, and I'm not the lead. I'm not too nervous about that eiter. When it comes to Bodom, on the other hand.. My, my, what did I think of? That since I played that song good a year ago (and then fucked up my hands so badly I couldn't play it til now) I could get it nice now? Well, that's optimistic. The solo - blasphemy, the sweeps - so bad I feel embarrased everytime I try. The rest of the song might go good though, I don't know. I hope : ) At least the rest of the band plays very good, so I'm lucky there : )

So shortened down, this is what I think. Eva Cassidy and Bodom will go worst, I will not get happy with what I preform on A Map of the World, but it will not be bad. Blue Bossa will turn out just fine, Filadelfia too.

And when it comes to the talking in between - that's almost the worst. That, and if I get untuned and have to sit there and tune with an x amount of eyes staring at me waiting to get done with it already, WEH. And it would always be totally shit if some string got broken or what, then I'm kindof fucked.

Weeeh, well, of course nothing of this is relevant if I die of nervousness before even being able to enter the stage tomorrow. Shit how nervous I am.

Wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter