Wednesday 24 June 2009

Trolldis and Tourists: INVASION!

I believe that I was a victim of touristinvasion yesterday. Let's see if dictionary.com agrees with the definition.

in-va-sion  /ɪnˈveɪʒən/ [in-vey-zhuhn]

–noun

1. an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, esp. by an army.
2. the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
3. entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
4. infringement by intrusion.

Yes, your eyes are reading correct - even the word definition contains the word "tourists". I no longer hesitate over the definition to put over what happened to me. It was an invasion - I did indeed get invaded - the small, calm and silent office I work in suddenly turned into a battlefield! Maybe they are even playing with me, or maybe they look at this office as a great way to carry out some weird project - get answers to some questions they always wanter answers to; type "how many manly, half chubby 30 year old German tourists can fit in a tiny ass tourist office in a deserted place in western Norway?" or perhaps "How many Dutchmen does it take to turn a Norwegian touristinformationlady crazy?". I should have realized it before; it has to be one reason why this place drags tourists!

So here's the deal. Yesterday from 09.00-14.00. As good as noone (= a small number, 5-6, not important). From 14.20-19.00. Almost as good as noone (=still a small number, more than 5-6, still not important). As the clock strikes 14.00, though, I slowly see big groups of tourists coming towards the office. They are sneaking in from different directions, all aiming in for the very same door.

Now, the number that came in probably does not sound much for.. well, anyone. But this office is not big, and neither is the town...nor my ability to talk to 10 people (or more) at the same time. I can promise you that it is not easy to try to give directions to a German (in German, a challenge in itself), reccomend a trip for a Dutchman, tell a Swede where she can eat trout, and order a hotel for a British dude at the very same time - and next to that trying to stop some tourists of an unknown species from picking up everything that is NOT free in the office and bring it home to their unknown territory. (Characteristics for this rare species: anatomy is equal to human, clothing not - but their ability to put on clothes takes them from the monkeyworld to the humanworld. They are protective over their haul, and their battlecry is "Gratis, gratis!". Often seen with big backpacks on their back, and usually their face holds a shade of red. They often operate in groups, you rarely see them alone.). It is extremely stressfull, like in.. very extremely. Believe me!

At least it wasn't a single tourist so far today, and my workday is 5 hours opposed to 10. If there should be an invasion at 14.00 again, then it's not on my shift, wuhuu! Please send all the warm thoughts you have to Eva, though. She must be strong to manage this.

Damn, done with the blog. Guess I have to go back to the boredom that is work. Hm, I hope the DS aint empty for batteries.

Todays half random PS, but half not:

Can someone please come here and kill the damn fly that's partly killing me cause it is so damn annoying?Rather touristinvasion then having this one fly in my ears, in my food, in my feet, on the pc screen, in the lamp and in the window. It's sounds are so annoying, it sounds like a damn harvester - like really. Can you tell me what use a flying harvester that doesn't do anything but being annoying and walking in cowshit has? I don't see any. Kill it, kill iiiitt!

By the way, this bastard, he's so damn sly! The only times I do not hear his sounds is when he's sneaking into my bag of food. Of course I remove him, and oooon he goes. Like a harvester. GRHML.

GOODbye now, foor good. Really! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter